Tuesday 20 March 2018

KANGANA RANAUT ,HINDI ACTRESS BORN 1987 MARCH 20




KANGANA RANAUT ,HINDI ACTRESS
BORN 1987 MARCH 20




Born March 20, 1987 in Bhambla, Himachal Pradesh, India
Birth Name Kangana Amardeep Ranaut
Height 5' 5¼" (1.66 m)
Mini Bio (1)
Kangana was born on 20 March 1987 in Bhambla, near Manali, which is in the Mandi district of Himachal Pradesh. Her dad's name is Amardeep, who is a businessman and contractor, her mom, Asha, is a school-teacher. She has two sisters, eldest one is Rangoli, and she has a brother, Akshit, who is about a year younger than her. Her grandfather was an IAS Officer. Kangana spent her childhood in Dehra Dun and studied in DAV's High School where she participated in many debates, Elocutions, and was a basket-ball player.

After completing her schooling, she attended Science College in Simla. She was enrolled in the Elite School of Modeling, and also tried some theater acting in Delhi and was a member of the Smita Theater Group under Arvind Gaur. She is also a trained Kathak dancer.

She decided to re-locate to Bombay, and lived in a flat in Yari Road, Versova. In September 2005, she was spotted drinking coffee in a cafe by Film-maker Anurag Basu, who approached her, and eventually signed her up for a lead role in Gangster (2006).

Since then, Kangana Ranaut has won 3 National Awards for her performance in _Fashion (2008)_qv, _Queen (2014)_qv and _Tanu Weds Manu Returns (2015)_qv.
- IMDb Mini Biography By: rAjOo

Trivia (17)

Her father is a businessman and her mother is a schoolteacher.
Wanted to be a doctor before starting a career in showbiz.
Came in #3 in BollySpice.com Magazine's list of "Top 10 Actresses of 2006". (January 2007).
Anurag Basu spotted Kangana having coffee at a cafe back in September 2005. He got so impressed with her, that he eventually signed her for a lead role in his film Gangster (2006).
She was listed as "India's hottest vegetarian" by PETA in 2013.
In the film Queen(2014), she wore an "Alice in Wonderland" sweatshirt on her last day in Amsterdam. This is a tribute to the book on which the movie is loosely based.

She is a trained Kathak Dancer.
Kangana Ranaut is one of the youngest actresses to win the prestigious National Film Awards at the age of 22. She won Best Supporting Actress Award for Fashion(2008).
Kangana started out as a theatre actor in Delhi with the Asmita Theatre Group. She worked with director Arvind Gaur at IHC (India Habitat Centre). Her first play was Girish Karnad's Taledanda (Rakt Kalyan).
As of 2017, She is the recipient of a total of 3 National awards. One for Best Supporting actress for Fashion(2008) and two for Best Actress for Queen(2014) and Tanu Weds Manu Returns(2015).
She is one of the only three actresses who won National Award for Best Actress consecutively. She won the award in two consecutive years 2015 and 2016, for Queen(2014) and Tanu Weds Manu Returns(2015) respectively. The other two actresses are Shabana Azmi(Azmi won for 3 consecutive years actually) and Archana.

Reportedly, She was paid whooping 110 million rupees for Rangoon(2017). This is the highest payment ever made to a bollywood actress for a film.
Kangana co-wrote her own dialogues in Queen(2014). She told Vikas Bahl (director of Queen) that she wanted to do the character in her own way and she improvised her lines during filming. This film brought her unanimous critical acclaim for her acting skills. She won Best Actress award at almost every award ceremony including Filmfare and National Awards.
She is one of the seven actresses who has won National Award for Best Actress more than once. As of 2017, She has won for Queen(2014) and Tanu Weds Manu Returns(2015). The other six actresses are Shabana Azmi, Sharada, Smita Patil, Archana, Shobana and Tabu.
In 2004, the producers Ramesh Sharma and Pahlaj Nilani announced that Ranaut would make her film debut with the Deepak Shivdasani-directed I Love You Boss. The film got shelved.

During early years of her career, Kangana's family didn't support her choice to act and she was once thrown out of her home with no money.
To prepare for her role as Datto in her film Tanu Weds Manu Returns(2015), she used to roam around in the campus of Delhi University in the same get up, and students around were not aware.
Personal Quotes (3)
"I schooled in Himachal Pradesh. I had taken up science and, initially, wanted to become a doctor. There are few career options for students of science though, so I shifted to Delhi and decided to try theater instead. I joined a group called Ashmita, and did two plays there -- Madhavi and Rakht Kalyan. As I was still unsure of what I wanted to do, I began sending photographs of myself to advertising agencies. I even took up classes in French because I thought of shifting to Paris, where models have always had a chance." (5-4-2006)

"I come from a middle class family, and my parents weren't too supportive of my career choices. My father is a businessman, and my mother is a schoolteacher. They would always discuss my career whenever I'd visit them, but they are now very happy as Gangster is doing well. In fact, Himachal Pradesh is proud of me! I keep getting calls from there. I'm very happy now, but I'm sure that when I'm older, I will miss being a student and not going to college. I should be writing love letters at this age. Instead, I'm working day and night. Then again, you can't get everything in life." (5-4-2006)
My biggest asset is that I know how to learn and that, I believe will help me in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment